1. You have obtained a new utility, called watchit, to monitor security on your computer, and you decide to run the utility in the background. Normally, to start the utility you would enter watchit at the command line.Which of the following commands enables you to start and run this utility in the background?
2. You’ve obtained over a hundred large graphics files to use in publications, but you want to be sure there is enough available disk space on your computer to store these files.Which of the following commands should you use?
3. Your company is launching a marketing campaign, and to start, you’ve created a file called promotion in normal uppercase and lowercase letters that will be used to place text for ads on the Internet and in newspapers.When you show the promotional text to your boss, she is curious about how it would look in all uppercase letters for emphasis.Which of the following commands enables you to convert the text and save the result to the file, promotion_uppercase?
d. dd if=promotion of=promotion_uppercase conv=ucase
4. Which of the following can you restore from a backup tape made via the dump command? (Choose all that apply.)
a. a file
b. a partition of directories and files
c. a directory
d. a subdirectory
5. Your network has a combination of Linux and MicrosoftWindows computers.There is aWindows server that offers shared files for clients to access.Which of the following enables you to access the shared files from your Linux computer?
6. You help manage the Linux server for your department. Right now the server has no protection against power failures and there have been several power failures recently.To help make your case for a power protection device, you want to keep track of the amount of time the server has been running since the last power outage that caused it to go down.What command enables you to track how long the server has been up?
7. You’ve purchased a new program for your computer, but the computer seems to slow down when you run the program.Which of the following commands enables you to monitor the memory usage as you run the program so you can determine if the program is a memory hog?
8. You are working on a report about disk usage on your company’s server to help determine if it is time to purchase additional disks.Which of the following commands enables you to obtain disk usage statistics for your report?
d. du -h | more
9. When you create a section name in a man page, such as the DESCRIPTION section, what tag should you use just before the section name?
10. Which of the following are levels of backups that can be made with the dump command? (Choose all that apply.)
11. How can you specify which device to use for a restore from a backup tape created by the dump command?
c. Use the -f option.
12. You’ve opened your mail on the company’s server by using the mail command. Several messages are listed. How can you tell which ones are new or unopened messages?
b. New or unopened messages begin with an N or a U.
13. You suspect that your computer’s connection to the network is not working because you don’t seem to be able to connect to the Internet through the network.Which of the following commands can help you determine if your connection is working? (Choose all that apply.)
14. You are setting up NFS to share files on the network from your Fedora Linux computer.Which of the following is a service that must be running to enable you to use NFS for sharing files?
15. What is the command that you can use (from root) to start the service mentioned in Question 14?
16. In the following command, what is the purpose of -o?
find . "( " -name a.out -o -name core ")"
b. It is the “OR” operator.
17. You have a small network in your business with just a few network devices connected along with 22 Linux...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document