Exam: 250635RR - Information Literacy Lesson 2
D. are characters that stand for a letter or additional letters of a word. 2. An example of a plain language search is
D. How do I change a flat tire?
3. NoodleTools is a website that
B. provides educational tools, software, and information for students. 4. Using a minus (-) sign in your search indicates that
B. the word should be excluded from your search.
5. Examples of common search engines used for research include B. Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
6. Which of the following questions do you not need to ask in order to help determine the suitability of a source? D. "How many images are included in this source?"
7. In Expanded Academic ASAP and other periodical databases, it's best to put your exact phrase in C. quotation marks.
8. Which of the following statements about human-power search engines is true? B. Links are selected by users.
9. At Penn Foster, Expanded Academic ASAP is
C. Penn Foster's electronic database that serves as both a periodical index and a repository of full-text articles. 10. All of the following are aspects of the search process except C. users vote on the relevance of the source, which affects whether it will appear in future searches. 11. Which of the following symbols might you use when doing a truncation search? D. the asterisk (*).
12. Within Expanded Academic ASAP, you'll begin your search by choosing to search by A. keyword, subject, or publication title.
13. The top-level domain name of .com indicates that the website is D. commercial.
14. Which search engine offers scholarly resources, including articles and theses, that span countless disciplines? A. Google Scholar
15. What is Expanded Academic ASAP?
C. A periodical database
16. When is the best time to cite a source?
A. As soon as you find the source
C. searches across multiple U.S. federal government databases, articles, and citations. 18. In Expanded Academic ASAP, the publication...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document