Exam: 250636RR - Information Literacy Lesson Exam 3
1. Although online bibliographic generators are generally accurate, it's always best practice to verify the accuracy of the citations by A. using Purdue University and Long Island University's online writing labs. 2. What is the style rule for introducing a direct quote in MLA? C. Use a signal phrase that includes the author's name, along with the page number on which the information appeared in parentheses. 3. The correct term for the list of sources in MLA format is A. Works Cited..
4. Penn Foster's Academic Integrity policy can be viewed in
B. Penn Foster's Undergraduate Catalog and Student Handbook. 5. In the following citation from EDSeek (also known as Expanded Academic ASAP), what is the publication title? The way we lie now: technology makes it easier than ever to play fast and loose with the truth—but easier than ever to get caught. Megan Garber. The Atlantic. 312.2 (Sept. 2013) p15. Word Count: 1252.
B. The Atlantic
6. What is the style for introducing a direct quote in APA?
B. Use a signal phrase, along with the year of publication in parentheses. 7. Which of the following elements should be placed first in a bibliographic citation? D. Author
8. What is the correct definition of a paraphrase?
B. Borrowed information restated in your own words and sentence structure 9. A logo would need
A. a trademark.
10. Notecards help you when researching because they keep your B. research organized.
11. What is the definition of copyright law?
C. Legal protection that covers published and unpublished literary, scientific, and artistic works provided that such works are fixed in a tangible or material form 12. A research journal can help you keep notes
C. from a single source together with the required citation information. 13. To which of the following does the protection of a trademark apply? A. Symbols representing a product
14. It's important to keep organized notes when performing research...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document