Questions about PP01 (Worth Six Points in Total):
1) (1 point) In this exercise, you create MRP views for your raw material, Wood Kit. The following screen shows the result after performing the first five steps of this exercise. Note that the following fields are already populated: Material Description; Plant; Base Unit of Measure; and Purchasing Group. Also note the message at the bottom of the screen.
The message at the bottom of the screen means that a master record for Wood Kit already exists and will now be extended (i.e., expanded) to include further data regarding MRP.
In which previous exercise did you create your Wood Kit, and what views were created in that exercise?
2) (2 point) Note on the screenshot on the previous page that the respective descriptions of the Material, Plant and Base Unit of Measure are already shown to the right of the fields containing their respective values.
What kind of application control is present through the automatic showing of these respective descriptions? Explain.
3) (2 point) Which of the four common control objectives is most enhanced by this control feature in this situation? Explain.
4) (1 point) What kind of control is this control procedure – a preventive or detective control? Explain.
Questions about PP05 (Worth Four Points in Total):
1) (2 point) In this exercise, you create the routing for your finished product, Rocker. Note the shown below. In step #5, the value of 1 is entered into the From Lot Size field.
Assume that instead of entering the value of 1, you accidentally tried to enter the letter Q (which is just below 1 on the keyboard). SAP would not have allowed it. If the speakers to your computer were turned on, you would hear an error sound when trying to type the letter Q into the field.
What kind of application control is present on the From Lot Size field? Explain.
2) (2 point) Which of the four common control objectives is most enhanced by this control feature in this situation? Explain.Questions about PP10 (Worth 3 Points in Total):
1) (1 point) In this exercise, you issued the BOM required materials to the production order generated in PP09. Step #5 requires you to enter your order number from PP09. See the screenshot below. The order number that should have been entered is 1000000. Note the error message that results from leaving off a zero.
Based on the error message shown, what kind of application control is present on the “Order” field? Explain.
2) (1 point) What kind of control is this control procedure – a preventive or detective control? Explain.
3) (1 point) Step #7 of the exercise requires you to enter the storage location for each material used to produce Rocker.
From which MM exercise did you initially assign Cushion and Wood Kit to their respective storage locations referred to in this exercise? Question about PP14 (Worth 3 Point):
1) In this exercise, you viewed the settlement of costs to finished goods and manufactured output settlement. As noted in the exercise, each should be for $42,000.
Identify the respective MM and PP exercises and associated step numbers that prove $42,000 is the correct amount that should have been recorded to both finished goods and manufactured output settlement. A proper explanation to this question is evidence of understanding the integration of modules, such as MM with PP, as well as activities within a module such as PP, which improves the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization’s value chain.
Question about PP Exercises (Worth 4 Points):
Chapter 1 for this tutorial discusses “Roles and Profiles”. This discussion emphasizes the need for proper separation of duties within organizations for reducing the threat of errors and fraud.
Please recognize that in this tutorial, you have access to more areas than a typical employee would (or should) have in an actual business. For training purposes using this tutorial,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document